Whimsy Blog Challenge & Merry Christmas Characters

Hi! It's my turn to post on the blog today and I thought I would remind you all of the monthly Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge.

Our Whimsy topic this month is a nice easy one,

Anything Goes 

Remember, you must use a Whimsy product on your challenge creation to be included in the prize draw. Don't have anything Whimsy yet? No problem! You can go to the Whimsy Store and get your own digital image or paper from Whimsy as our FREE GIFT! Just follow this LINK!

Also, your entry doesn't have to be a card - we welcome all paper projects!

You have until the 12th of October to submit your entry, 
and the winner will be announced on the 14th.

If you don't have a blog, you can pop into the Facebook page to share your creations.


Anyone can enter our challenge and we don't mind you combining with other challenges either! Please remember no more than 3 entries per challenge and all we ask is that you add a link in your blog post to tell your friends you entered the Whimsy Inspirations Challenge

I decided to use these super cute christmas characters from Krista Heij-Barber. This rubber stamp set is from this month's Whimsy Stamps release and is called 'Merry Christmas Characters'. They are so versatile, they can be used for cards, tags, gift bags - perfect to make coordinating gift sets.


I decided to make them into simple gift tags for teacher gifts.
I colored the images using prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut them out.
I wanted to make simple rosette tags using papers from my stash.



I cut a strip of 12x12 patterned paper 1 1/2" wide, and scored the paper at every 1/2".
The paper is then folded backwards and forwards.


It takes a bit of fiddling with, but I then glued the 2 ends together using tombow's multipurpose glue and held it in place with a couple of mini clothes pegs. Some weight is need on top of the rosette to hold it in place whilst it sticks.



Whilst I was waiting for it to stick together, I made the rest of the elements for the tag.
I used a stitched circle die (now retired) to cut out the back of the tag and the banner die from the 'Card Builder -Many Thanks' die set - cutting off one end to make it straight. A little doodling using a white gel pen added a little more interest on the banner.
I then put all of the elements together and added it to a simple window box that I picked up on clearance at Michael's.



A very easy, cute gift box.





 


Thanks for looking.

For more inspiration from the design team, and to enter the challenge, please check out the Challenge Blog.
Hope to see you joining in our challenge this month. 
I can't wait to see what you create.

Happy Crafting!

Kerys x






1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team